Who we are
Our website address is: http://lumiere2020paths.com.
You are not required to send us any personal information to use this website. What you send to us via email or our contact form is entirely your own choice.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Attending a performance
Update: This section is no longer valid, but remains here to provide past information. The Attend link below no longer works. Instead, you can view the Experience page to watch a previously recorded copy of the performance.
To attend one of our performances, you fill out a form on our Attend (link no longer works) page. This form takes you to a signup page on the Zoom website. The data you enter into this form is used to send you confirmation information about how to attend our virtual performance via the Zoom video conferencing platform. The information you share is strictly voluntary and is used for no other purpose.
When you fill out the registration form or attend a performance, Zoom may or may not record your name, email address, IP address, or other information. For more on what Zoom collects, you can read the privacy and terms policies on their website.
Commenting via our contact form or email
Your privacy is paramount, and we make every effort ensure the safety of your information is maintained.
When you send us a message, either via our contact form or sending us email directly to Paths [at] cbu [dot] ca, you agree to sending us your name, email address, a photo if you opt to send us a selfie, and the message you write in the contact form.
By sending us this information, you agree that this information will be used as part of this research project as following:
- By sending us a general comment, your name, email address, and message will be sent to us in the form of an email.
- By sending us a selfie, your photo and first name may be added to our Selfies in Nature page, along with your description of the location where the photo was taken and why you love that place.
- By sending us a story about yourself in nature, your story along with your name may be added to our Comments page.
- By sending us a message that you wish to appear in a video interview, we may contact you to arrange an interview with you, and clips from the resulting video may be posted on our Video Gallery page along with your name.
- This information may also be used in subsequent anonymous, aggregated data as part of reports after this research project concludes. This will not contain any personal information.
When you send us an email or a comment via our contact form, we also receive your IP address and browser user agent string for the sole purpose of helping with spam detection. This information is never made public.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Pages on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, social media posts, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
The information you choose to send to us will be saved for an indeterminate amount of time. You can have this information deleted from our records at any time by contacting us via our comments form or via our Paths [at] cbu [dot] ca email address.
What rights you have over your data
If you have sent us messages, you can request to receive all of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
You may contact us at any time via the contact form on this website or via email at Paths [at] cbu [dot] ca.